Building a Kite
You decide to make a kite. Answer these questions to help you plan. Search the internet to answers to some of your questions.
1. Look at the many different kinds of kites pictured on the internet. Which one will you make? Write the web address where you find the directions.
2. What materials will you use?
3. What shape is the kite? (box, kite, triangle, other)
4. What other tools are needed? (scissors, paperclips?)
5. Do you already own these materials and tools, or will you purchase them?
Where will you purchase them and how much will they cost?
6. Follow the directions to create the kite.
Does your kite look like the one in the picture?
Do you have to wait for any glue to dry? If so, do it.
7. Try your kite. Describe its flight.
8. Try it a few more times, flying it at different heights, try small changes to your kite such as adjusting tail length. Do the results change?
9. Does your kite seem light or heavy for its size?
10. Is your kite longer than it is wide? Or wider than it is long?
11. Does your kite have a tail? If so, how long is it?
12. How tall is your kite?
13. How thick is it?
14. Does the area of the kite seem to be enough?